Wednesday 7 October 2009

Selective reporting when it comes to foreigners


Until newspapers deliver the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, I choose not to buy them. However, if one is available free of charge I will scour through it.

The whole front page (hard copy) of this week’s local rag, The Chad, covers the story of a woman who was sexually assaulted in a shop.

As it was worthy of a mention on my blog I scoured the internet for more information. Guess what? Nowhere online can I find the story, NOWHERE! I suppose the powers that be see the story as not being in the interest of the people of the area.

As I believe this kind of information should be available to everyone, I have recreated it word for word so you can see for yourself how immigration is enriching our country… NOT!

A Somercotes mother-of-three says her life has changed forever after she was sexually assaulted by a shop worker in Alfreton.

Thirty-four-year-old Ellen Jones was attacked in a store by Gurprecthum Butoy (31) while she was shopping in the town on the morning of 22nd June.

Butoy, of Challands Close, Chesterfield, was given a three-year community order and ordered to attend a sex offenders’ treatment programme after admitting a charge of sexual assault at Derby Magistrates Court on 7th September.

Speaking from her home, Ellen waived her legal right to anonymity as a victim of a sexual offence and said the ordeal has left her scarred.

“I can’t sleep, I feel depressed and violated and was just building myself u, but he has pushed me down again,” she said.

“I know my life will never get back to normal and I feel dirty to look at myself. He has done something that no man should ever do to a woman – he has violated me and it has not just affected myself but my whole family.”

Ellen says she fears being alone following the incident, but has been supported by a strong network of family and friends around her.

“I cannot walk into a shop now if there is a bloke working behind the counter. I don’t go out very much anyway but do not like being on my own now,” she said.

“I can’t trust any man around me now and I still feel scared and have panic attacks. But my friends Dawn Thorpe and Deana Amos have been amazing to me and my husband, father and kids have been my rock throughout this period”

“The Rape Crisis Team and Victim Support have also been very supportive and I’d like to thank them.”

Ellen felt strongly enough about the incident to speak out to help other women who may have been the victims of such attacks.

“I want to help other women who may have been through this and hopefully by speaking out it will help others come forward in the future,” she said.

Ellen also received £500 in compensation from Butoy, but believes her attacker should have been made to sign the offenders’ register.

Chad contacted Mr Butoy through his solicitor this week, but he did not wish to comment.


A three year community order and £500 compensation?

Chops off his bits, stuff them in his mouth and hang him. He won’t be able to do it again.
.

No comments:

All material published on these pages represents the personal views of the DERBY PATRIOT and should not be taken to represent any political party.